WHAT IS BODY STRESS RELEASE?
Body Stress Release is a gentle, highly effective technique which locates and releases locked in muscle tension ie body stress.
Whilst you are lying down, fully clothed (you even get to keep your shoes on!), I will conduct light pressure tests (mostly along your spine), to determine exactly where the tension is located. Then, by applying a gentle, precise pressure to the affected areas, your body is encouraged to “release” the stored tension.
WHAT IS BODY STRESS?
Body stress is a powerful factor in all our lives and can undermine our health and well-being in many ways.
Every day we are exposed to different types of stress:
- Mechanical – such as an injury, strain, or bad posture (particularly when we hunch over our laptops and mobile phones!)
- Chemical – such as air pollutants, additives and colourants in food, harmful chemicals in everyday products, or creams and lotions that we apply to our skin.
- Mental or emotional stress – such as coping with a stressful job or home life, divorce or loss of a loved one, or coping with cancer
Our bodies are designed to adapt to these stresses in a highly efficient and positive manner, however, we sometimes find ourselves overloaded by stress. In an effort to cope with this overload, our body stores the stress in the muscles. This is what we call ‘body stress’.
Body stress can lead to pain, stiffness, postural distortion, numbness and cramping. Tension in the muscles can put pressure on your nerves which disturbs your body’s communication system. This reduces the efficiency of your body’s natural self-healing ability.
HOW CAN BODY STRESS RELEASE HELP ME?
Body Stress Release is for everyone – from infants to the elderly. It is also safe during pregnancy. Body Stress Release clients are usually looking for relief from pain, stiffness or other discomfort. People of all ages and from all walks of life find Body Stress Release to be extremely effective.
Clients have reported relief from back pain, sciatica, ‘slipped’ discs, headaches, migraines, neuralgia, indigestion and restricted movement.
Other conditions that have improved with Body Stress Release include:
- Musculo-skeletal complaints including whiplash, frozen shoulders, repetitive strain injuries, hip pain, arthritis, neck pain, sports injuries, trapped nerves, scoliosis, bad posture, grinding of teeth.
- Gynaecological disorders including fertility problems, painful and irregular periods, menopausal side effects.
- Emotional problems including insomnia, anxiety, stress, general fatigue.
- Gastro-intestinal complaints including heartburn, indigestion, IBS, constipation, diarrhoea.
- Childhood complaints including colic in babies, poor posture, growing pains in children, bed-wetting.
Note – Body Stress Release is not a diagnosis or treatment of any condition. It simply assists with locating and releasing stored tension from the muscles.